Transportation of animals abroad
We will take care of your pet's comfortable and safe journey.Request a rate
We created Petsvoyage to make the transportation of animals more intuitive and convenient.
You will receive comprehensive advice on transportation and rid yourself of the trouble of documents processing and preparation of the pet for flight.
Learn more at petsvoyage.com
How we work:
Containers for transportation
We will help you choose, buy and deliver a plastic cage for an animal or make a custom-made container according to IATA standards.
Posts not found
The general list of documents required for the export or import of dogs, cats, ferrets, birds, exotic animals abroad is as follows:
1. Electronic identification.
A microchip implanted under the skin of an animal must comply with the standards SO11784, SO11785.
Identification with a brand applied until 2011, after that the only acceptable method of identification is microchipping.
2. Pet passport of international standard (supplemented with a photo for animals older than one year).
3. Rabies vaccination.
The veterinarian makes a note in the pet passport (name of the vaccine, signature, stamp, date) after checking the identification of the animal. The validity of vaccination depends on the vaccine used and cannot exceed one year. An animal older than three months should receive vaccination no later than one month before the departure. A person who wishes to bring an animal under the age of one month must first inquire in the country of entry whether it permits entry of animals without vaccination.
3.1 Complex vaccination of dogs, ferrets and cats against infectious diseases.
4. 1 VET, 1 VET (CIS) forms, veterinary certificate. The form is issued by the State Service of Veterinary Medicine no earlier than three months before the animal leaves the country, the certificate is issued by the Service of State Veterinary and Sanitary Control and Supervision on the State border and Transport in ten days.
5. Certificate of a blood test for titration of antibodies to the rabies virus. A certificate is required between 4 and 12 months after the rabies vaccination. The study of the blood taken for analysis should be conducted by an accredited laboratory, and the content of neutralizing antibodies must be at least 0.5 IU / ml.
6. Deworming and insectoacaricidal treatment of the animal, as evidenced by the marks of the veterinary doctor in the pet passport. These procedures should be completed additionally between 48 and 24 hours before departure.
7. Certificate stating that the animal does not represent breeding value.
8. Licensed animal transport container that locks securely.
9. Import certificate.
The standards of the International Society of Air Carriers (IATA) regulate the transport of animals in the hold.
Containers for transportation should meet the following parameters:
- The size should allow the animal to stand at full height, freely turn around its axis and lie with outstretched paws.
- Should be intact, without cracks or damage.
- Can be easily transported and moved.
- Provide ventilation from at least three sides.
A maximum of two animals of the same species up to 14 kg each can be transported in one container.
Standard container sizes according to IATA standards are the following:
- IATA1 (48х32х31сm);
- IATA2 (55х36х35сm);
- IATA3 (61х40х38сm);
- IATA4 (71х51х50сm);
- IATA5 (79х58х60сm);
- IATA6 (92х64х64сm);
- IATA7 (104х75х73сm).