Helion Ukraine

What documents are required for the transport of animals?

The general list of documents required for the export or import of dogs, cats, ferrets, birds, exotic animals abroad is as follows:

1. Electronic identification.

A microchip implanted under the skin of an animal must comply with the standards SO11784, SO11785.

Identification with a brand applied until 2011, after that the only acceptable method of identification is microchipping.

2. Pet passport of international standard (supplemented with a photo for animals older than one year).

3. Rabies vaccination.

The veterinarian makes a note in the pet passport (name of the vaccine, signature, stamp, date) after checking the identification of the animal. The validity of vaccination depends on the vaccine used and cannot exceed one year. An animal older than three months should receive vaccination no later than one month before the departure. A person who wishes to bring an animal under the age of one month must first inquire in the country of entry whether it permits entry of animals without vaccination.

3.1 Complex vaccination of dogs, ferrets and cats against infectious diseases.

4. 1 VET, 1 VET (CIS) forms, veterinary certificate. The form is issued by the State Service of Veterinary Medicine no earlier than three months before the animal leaves the country, the certificate is issued by the Service of State Veterinary and Sanitary Control and Supervision on the State border and Transport in ten days.

5. Certificate of a blood test for titration of antibodies to the rabies virus. A certificate is required between 4 and 12 months after the rabies vaccination. The study of the blood taken for analysis should be conducted by an accredited laboratory, and the content of neutralizing antibodies must be at least 0.5 IU / ml.

6. Deworming and insectoacaricidal treatment of the animal, as evidenced by the marks of the veterinary doctor in the pet passport. These procedures should be completed additionally between 48 and 24 hours before departure.

7. Certificate stating that the animal does not represent breeding value.

8. Licensed animal transport container that locks securely.

9. Import certificate.